Friday, October 15, 2004

We're taking bets that fear mongering is a fun term...

According to President Bush's spokesmen John Kerry is fear mongering. This is refers to John Kerry's recent speech regarding the need for a draft if President Bush continues in office. Whether you agree with the Senator or not is irrelevant. What concerns me is the use of the term Fear Monger.

When I googled "Fear Monger" I got 22,900 hits. I looked up the word "monger" and I could not find it in the dictionary. The closest that I got was "mong" which has two meanings. The best meaning was 'an offensive term for somebody regarded as unintelligent.' So I then found it funny that President Bush's people referred to John Kerry as a monger because the general consesus is the President Bush is unintelligent. Although I do not believe that, but I do believe that he has no ability to think on his feet.

Can we ask the Politicians and their people to stop making up terms? When they do make up terms they make me feel a little mongish. :) Though I think we could make a great song with the Fear Monger in it. Remember the old Dr. Pepper theme song just add Fear Monger to the lyrics. (I'm a Monger. You're a Monger)

Anyway, I think by saying "John Kerry is trying to make people afraid of President Bush by mentioning the draft," they could have acheived the result they wanted. Now, most of the American people are afraid of fear mongering. Everyone should vote, but don't get suckered in by pushy politician talk or Michael Moore. I for one am voting for Kerry because I think he is going to be a better leader. No other bullshit than that. Make your own decisions and please go out and vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »