Thursday, October 14, 2004

We're taking bets that it was good...

Last night was wild. College students are the best customers to work with. Although most people have no clue what I do for a job (and most don't respect it) I absolutely enjoy it. No day is ever quite the same. My hours are not set by any means. Emotional, Academic, and social problems come up every day. If something major happens at 1:30 am I deal with it. Last night was no exception.

We had a pipe burst in Fox Hall on one of our floors. Pretty major flooding with at least 3 inches of water in the one room and the hallway. The students were not happy but it became something to laugh at. Pictures were taken and people were making jokes. Life went on. One of my staff even had a major test this morning, but did what he could to help until 3:30 am. The resident's of the room were appreciative of what my staff and I did to try and help. Everyone on that floor now has a story about the 2K4 Flood of Fox Hall.

That is what I do I help people through the stories of their lives. I don't ask for thank yous and probably hate them if I got them all the time. I know that even in crisis I am someone who can help everyone. I may be exhausted today, but who cares. To quote one of my favorite bands from the early nineties... "It was good living with you uh oh." :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY reslife!!!! Skills that can be applied for the rest of your life.....gotta love those ras, ards and rds :)