Sunday, October 17, 2004

We're taking bets that I may be too old for a second job...

Well I started a second job tonight. It wasn't too bad. No major altercations and a lot of standing around. In case you are wondering I am now a Security Guard/Bouncer at The Brewery in Lowell on Saturday nights. I am just trying to earn some money for Christmas and a Vacation. I am wondering if I am too old for this.

Now I know that most people look at me and don't think that I am age that I really am. I work in a field where the average age is 25 years old and my customers are an average of 20 years old. I feel very young and as most girlfriends I have had would say I act it too. It was definitely a different experience especially since I started with a kid who was 18. He is a good guy. It was his first time in a bar. :)

I have a college degree (that seems like forever ago) and am working (slowly) on my master's degree. Is this what I should be doing to get by? I sometimes wonder if my mother is right and I should start acting my age. I think that it at least gives me a little bit of a social life since I am not in my apartment on a Saturday night. Oh well, I am just ranting. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy... now it's just a matter of time before my boss gets to literally kick me out of a Bar - Loverly... haha

;-) Matt D.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, but I would call having two jobs and going to school being responsible and a good sign of showing ones age...or maybe I just don't want to admit I sometimes don't act my age either!
One more job and you could be mistaken for a Jamaican...HEY MON!