Monday, October 18, 2004

We're taking bets that sleep can be overrated...

I have been an insomniac for years. Usually that means that I survive on 6 hours of sleep a night with an occasional nap in the afternoon. Since the Flood of 2K4 in Fox Hall I have slept a total of 12 1/2 hours. That is out of 117 hours. So for 89% of the last few days I have been awake.

The weirdest thing is that I seem to be as productive if not more productive than I am when I am getting a full night's sleep. Granted I have not yet begun to try to solve the world's problems, but who knows. I am feeling a little bit like Kramer on Seinfeld when he tried to sleep like Da Vinci (I think it was Da Vinci, correct me if I am wrong). The problem is that he slept through a ton of important things. I hope that doesn't happen. We will see.

No comments: