Thursday, October 28, 2004

We're taking bets that words can't even begin to describe...

I am sitting quietly typing this with tears in my eyes. Tears of joy!!! I am not sure I still believe it. I keep expecting to be woken up with Bobby Ewing taking a shower in my bathroom. (Old reference - Sorry) If it is a dream I never want to be woken up.

I am so happy for so many people.

- I am most happy for my Dad who waited 53 years to see the Red Sox win. (I know he is 58 but I figure he wasn't quite sure what was happening with the Red Sox his first 5 years.)
- I am happy for my boy Dan McLaughlin who I refused to return phone calls because I thought I would jinx them winning. (Sorry Dan I will be calling you in the next 24 hours.)
- I am happy for my brother Rob who won't go through his twenties like I did hoping and praying, but continually getting disappointed. It probably took 10 years off the end of my life, but at least he will have them.
- I am happy for my late Uncle Joe, who died in 1989. I watched many games with him as a kid and I know he is smiling from above.
- I am happy for me. Because I feel at peace right now and there isn't any feeling that is better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise Johnny! ... I mean... Jesus.... lol

Tessie, Nuff Ced McGreevy shouted
We're not here to mess around
Boston, you know we love you madly
Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Boston, you are the only, only, only
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Red Sox, you are the only, only, only
-Dropkicks

MattyD