Wednesday, November 02, 2005

We're taking bets that all shows should be this good...

Boston Legal has now taken the reigns of the best show on television. Last night's episode is the reason why James Spader and William Shatner (is his imdb picture the best or what)keep winning Emmys. It has definite comedy and is a very poignant show. Tonight's show dealt with Halloween as a holiday and troops in Iraq. I won't give anything away to those TiVo freaks. I was almost moved to tears during Alan Shore's closing arguments. I can't believe that millions more people do not watch this show every Tuesday night at 10 pm.

The greatest thing about the show is that there is a moral at the end of each episode. It ends with Alan Shore and Denny Crane smoking cigars or having drinks and talking about what happened over the last episode. 9 out of 10 times you turn off the television realizing that you actually learned something from watching. What reality show can claim that? Appointment television is the new big thing in America. Watching Desperate Housewives or LOST or CSI is what we do in groups nowadays. It has replaced book groups. I say that you should add Boston Legal to you view groups. Give it a try.

2 comments:

Micah said...

I gave up on The Practice when I came to the realization that I didn't like any of the characters (well, except the receptionist), since they all were in dire need of an intensive ethics course. Then I decided to give Boston Legal a try last season and enjoyed it, but found Alan Shore to be too sleazy and gave up on that show, too. For some reason, I decided to give it a second shot this season and really enjoy it. The producers seem to have toned down the unethical behavior somewhat, or at least show that it has consequences.

But what really gets me to tune in each week: DENNY CRANE.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Non prescription colored contact lens 2 acuvue Teen nn bra mountain view real estate video game cheat sheets