Thursday, November 24, 2005

We're taking bets that you are Thankful for something...

Happy Thanksgiving Faithful readers!!! I hope that you have a wonderful day eating Turkey and sleeping on the couch. We have 2 inches of snow or more here in New England. Since today is also WTBT question day I have a couple of Thanksgiving questions. Please post your answers in the comments section. Remember you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question if you don't want to. Have a great day everyone. Be thankful you are alive.

A. What is your favorite food that is made by your family on Thanksgiving Day?

B. What are the top 3 things you are thankful for on this Thanksgiving?

Answers:

A. For me that is an extremely tough question. Do I go for my favorite all time dessert or do I choose what makes turkey an even better food? I am going to go with my mother's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. It is divine. I have never in my life had a dessert that I love more. I only have it once a year and hate when it is gone. It is Pumpkin Pie taken to the max. Cranberry relish is a close second, but not quite.

B.
1. I am most thankful for my family. Although we don't always see eye to eye we are always there for each other when we need to be.
2. I am thankful for my friend Ian. I probably couldn't have imagined a better best friend for my adult years.
3. I am thankful for college students who make my work life an absolute joy. From my new RAs to ones from 8 years ago. Friendships and memories that I will cherish forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Steve's grandmother makes this amazing stuffing... they tell me it's the sage. :-) My mom makes pretty standard stuff, so there's not usually any unique things there. She does make turnip though, which is quite tasty. :-)

2. I am thankful for...
- My family.
- My amazing fiance
- My health and the health of those I love/care about.

Anonymous said...

A. My favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing, however it's the best when you take a bite of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Yummy.

B. Top 3: My family, my extended family/friends and my ability to be independant.

Liz said...

A. My favorite turkey day dish is something I haven't had since 1992. My grandmother's stuffing. She called it 'dressing' and it was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, she was a chef that cooked from taste and memory...she never wrote anything down so we lost that and many other 'Gram' favorites when she died in 1993.

B. I am thankful for a wonderful and supportive husband. A great sister and my health (as cliche as that may sound).

P McT said...

I make fantastic sweet potatoes, I actually used to hate them when I was younger, but now I love it.

2) I'm thankful for my health, My family especially my middle sister and my cousin Abe, and for having the gift of life