Thursday, November 03, 2005

We're taking bets that you gotta have friends...

Questions, questions, questions. That is what Thursday's are all about here at WTBT. Post your answers in the comments section. You can be anonymous and you only have to answer the questions you want. Have fun!!!

A. If you could go back in time and become friends with one famous person, whom would you chose?

B. Is it more important to you to listen to the lyrics of the song or the music of the song?

C. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in a movie theater?

Answers:

A. This is a real hard question for me to answer. I think most people would assume I would choose Dane Cook, but they would be wrong. I probably would chose Bill Waterson of Calvin and Hobbes fame. If we were friends maybe he would still make Calvin and Hobbes just for me or at least I would know why he became a recluse and doesn't make comics anymore.

B. I think it is more important to listen to the lyrics. Something could have a fantastic beat and be very offensive at the same time. It is one of the reason why I get a kick out of little kids singing songs with "adult" lyrics because they like the beat. They have no idea what they are singing and that is funny to me.

C. The scariest movie for me was when I saw Gremlins. I watched most of that movie through the crack between the chairs in front of me because I was scared out of my mind. I went with my stepgrandmonster and my crazy cousins. Yes I can watch that movie today, but everytime water gets poured onto Gizmo or Stripe it creeps me out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gremlins surpasses the Wizard of Oz???? he he he... little sis :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, this IS what Thursday's are all about. 8-)

A. It would be cool to be friends with anyone famous, but no one actor or famous person has influenced my life so much that I aspire to befriend them. I've met a lot of famous people, ya know...

B. I see where you're comin from with the lyrics thing, however most of the songs that have moved me have no words at all, and therefore, I have to say the music of the song is more important to me.

C. I usually choose not to see scary movies at all, but when I was younger I went to see the Nightmare on Elm Street movie with a girl I wanted to be friends with. She was popular and had a horse and so I was trying to edge my way into her circle. It didn't work b/c I think I cried.

Theresa said...

A. I would have loved to know ANYONE famous, just for the experiences! Let alone the stories.

B. The feeling I get when I hear a song is the first thing. The music adds to that. But the lyrics are what keeps me.

C. The shinning, for sure, the shinning.

Nai said...

I would have thought it was "Seven".

I have never seen anyone more scared of anything in their life!

As for me:

1.) Kevin Smith, maybe. Or the Barenaked Ladies would be fun to hang out with.

2.)Lyrics, hands down. Both are improtant, but when the poetry of the lyric is just right, it is pretty impactful.

3.)I don't get scared easy at films. I like suspense and while I wouldn't call it fear, the tension that I experienced seeing Psycho for the first time at a haloween matinee was pretty intense. A special caveat to Scream because I saw that with a bunch of friends and we were trying to scare each other and by the end we were pretty succesful.

P McT said...

1) I would be friends with Justin Timberlake, because by default that would mean I would have been on Mickey Mouse Club or Kids Incorporated and that my friends would be AWESOME!

2)See this is a trick question becasue I listen to alot of Jazz and Classical, majority of which have not words. So I guess if i'm listening to a song with lyrics the lyrics are super important, but sometimes you just can't resist a beat. (examples - Britney Spears "Toxic" LOVE the beat, hate the lyrics or System of a Down "Spiders" love the lyrics not so there on the beat)
See what i'm sayin'

3)I don't see scary movies....Why you ask
THEY SCARE ME!

Liz said...

1. I don't know. It really is a tough question! I think Julia Child would be fun to hang around for a while. She seemed to love life.

2. I like the music. Ask Teri - rarely do I ever have the words correct but I like the song just the same.

3. Not one for scary movies either. But I would have to agree with you on the Gremlin thing. We went to see it with the girl scout troop I was in. The leaders thought it would be a cute movie...little did they know they would have a bunch of crying 10 years olds on their hands

Anonymous said...

1. I would totally be friends with either Denzel Washington, Garth Brooks, or Alanis Morissette. :-)

2. I'm with PMcT on this one. I like the song as a whole, there are some songs that I love the lyrics and the music, that I love just the beat/music or that I love the lyrics. Examples of each:
Both: Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"
Music: Will Smith "Hitch"
Lyrics: Alanis Morissette "Grudge"

3. IN the theater? Probably "The Blair Witch Project". In general, "Saw" (I haven't seen "The Ring" yet, I'm slow). I don't see many scary movies IN the theater, because I prefer to watch them at home in the dark where I can hide in a blanket. :-)

Anonymous said...

A. Living or dead? I'd go with Mr. Edgar A. Poe. Or, if it's someone who's gotta be alive, Avril Lavigne. Hell yeah.

B. Music first. Great lyrics in a country song are still in a country song. Besides, half the time the lyrics are these pathetically cliche psuedo-poetry with bad grammar.

C. Hmm... don't get to see many movies in theatres to begin with, and that number drops really low if we're limited to scary movies. I can't even think of anything other than Sixth Sense, which wasn't really scary anyway. Sorry.