Thursday, January 26, 2006

We're taking bets that age is just a number...

Thursday means questions at WTBT. I hope everyone has been having a great week. February is almost here. Post your answers in the comments section. Remember that you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question. Have fun and enjoy.

A. If you could bring back any TV show from the past to have on TV today what would it be and why?

B. Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of that period?

C. What bothers you more about growing older? Potentially having to wear adult diapers. Having to say everyone you know's name before getting the right one. Knowing that a trip to the bathroom is going to be a 20 minute ordeal instead of 2 minutes in and out.

Answers:

A. I wish there was a new version of Family Ties. I think it would fit nicely into today's society with a liberal set of parents and a conservative son. It would probably be opposite of what most families are like today. I also think that Skippy and Nick would be great characters for today as well. Yo Mallory!

B. I would like to think that I could make my own extraordinary happiness and fulfillment and live longer. I know that there would probably be some breaks in the action, but I think that makes us appreciate the happiness that much more.

C. For me I am bothered by the fact that everything I do is going to take me longer. I even see it now trying to get out of the extra soft couch that it is harder than it once was. I like to move quickly through the world and it bothers me that the older I get the harder it will be to do that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. I think I would want to see something like Who's The Boss? come back, though I'm sure these days it would flop. But I remember that I loved watching it.

B. No, crappy days make you appreciate the better ones. The only way I'd say yes to this is if I knew that my life now would mostly be bad.

C. I didn't worry about any of those until you brought them up. Thanks. Adult diapers are pretty scary.

Anonymous said...

1. THE COSBY SHOW!!!!! ('Nuff Said).

2. No way man. I'm a Libra, and believe in balance. I'd rather live a long and fulfilling life complete with ups and downs.

3. Stubbornness and seemed ignorance to change. I know it's not on your list, but every older person I know is so stubborn and inflexible... and adaptability is key to survival in a modern world. So... the fact that I could become THAT... frightens the hell out of me.

P McT said...

A) Word D-Money...Cosby all the way, but I want original Cosby before Olivia and the twins!! and Roseanne would be second both those show dealt with good family issues more realistically than most shows today

B)Nope, I want real life pain, happiness, disappointment and fulfillment...sometimes it takes 20yrs just to figure out what happiness is!

C)The potential of wearing a diaper is definitley a bit disturbing!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »