Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We're taking bets that I was just curious...

Here are a few observations over the last few days.

* Scrubs is probably the funniest show on television right now. It consistently makes me laugh out loud. The characters are great and there usually is a pretty good moral to every show. It is kind of like the Mr. Peabody and Sherman cartoon of old.

* Kobe's 81 may have been a great individual performance, but I think it is going to hurt the Lakers overall. Kobe never thanked his teammates for helping him. Doesn't he know that it is impossible to score 81 points without your teammates?

* Chris Penn's death at age 40 is definitely a shocker to me. He wasn't the best actor, but it always makes me laugh when I see Kevin Bacon trying to teach him how to dance in Footloose. He will be missed.

* I don't know about you, but I was hoping that Lorena Bobbitt's penis story would be the last one I heard about. Well a Cambodian woman went all Bobbitt on her husband except she didn't drive off with the member.

* Time to say good-bye to Mario Lemieux for the last time, welcome back to Theo Epstein and hello to craziness and Ron Artest. Mario left once before and now he is gone for good. One of the greatest ever will definitely be missed in Pittsburgh. Theo's return is making every Red Sox fan happy. Now only if they could get Coco. Ron Artest demands a trade and now he is unhappy where the Pacers are trading him. You can't have it both ways buddy. Stop whining and play basketball you idiot.

3 comments:

Nai said...

Damn, slighting Chris Penn's acting ability. That is cold, Madrid! While I don't think an academy award wa in his future, he was Nice Guy Eddie. Give the dead some respect, dude.

Oh, and the reports are conflicting: some say he was 40, others 43.

Nice Peabody and Sherman reference.

Also, I saw Lemieux's press conference yesterday. Good to see him go out on a high note. He referenced the new NHL rules making an impact on his decision and that it is a young guys game. Interesting....

Ian

Anonymous said...

I'll agree that Scrubs is consistantly funny and always makes me chuckle, but I think that The Office is funnier.

And also, I'm surprised that today of all days you said that it was good-I'd think that with the Wizard of Oz references last night you would have held back.

Micah said...

I gotta back Lisa up on this one. While I absolutely lurrrrve "Scrubs," this season seems a bit off (although still funny). My friend has pointed out that he thinks JD is a bit too goofy now and I've got to agree. That said, seeing Dr. Cox "testify" in front of Laverne's choir was about the most funny thing I've seen in quite a while.

"The Office," on the other hand, has yet to produce a bum episode, IMO.