Friday, January 13, 2006

We're taking bets that you missed this yesterday...

We at the WTBT office sincerely apologize to those who religiously do the questions of the week on Thursdays. We forgot. Please post your answers in the comments section. Remember you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question if you don't want to. Invite others to answer. Enjoy. Today's questions are fun and simple.

A. In an expensive restaurant, after getting the check for an excellent meal, you notice that you were not charged for one of the items you ate. Would you tell the waitress?

B. What is the nicest thing you have done in the last three days?

Answers:

A. I wouldn't tell the waitress, because it probably wouldn't get her in trouble. Mistakes are made and companies figure them into their overhead somewhere. That is why you can barely get a meal for under $5 these days.

B. I welcomed someone back from being on sick leave and told them that I genuinely missed their presence. I think this was a nice surprise for them and it was appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. I would not tell them, but I would base my tip on what the meal would have been had I been charged. Incidentally, just yesterday I got a meal for $2.50, and it wasn't at McDonalds. Then again, it wasn't at a fine dining place either.

B. I told someone who I don't generally get along with that I thought they looked very nice. She kind of stopped in her tracks and flashed a huge smile, letting me know she appreciated it.

P McT said...

1) I would not tell them cause thats their mistake and I too would tip on the amount the original total of the bill.

2) Hmmmmmmmmm...something nice in the last 3 days...I gots nothing

Nai said...

1.) I would tell them (if I notice the mistake before paying). I would worry that the waiter/waitress would be charged for their mistakes. I know it is their mistake and not mine, but we all make them and I hope someone has my back when it is me making the mistake. (Karma)

2.)Telling a waitress that she made a mistake. ;)

Anonymous said...

1. I'm with the other ladies on this one. I wouldn't say a word but would tip very well based on what the bill SHOULD have been.

2. In the last 3 days... I don't even know what TODAY is... I made Steve a nice dinner last night? I congratulated my mom on her new job?

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »