Wednesday, January 18, 2006

We're taking bets that this is why you should never give up hope...

The headline reads, "N.Y. Man Gets Corvette Back After 37 Years." Amazingly this man who had his car stolen only 3 months after he bought it will be getting his car back 37 years later. many people think that it is almost impossible to get something back that was stolen from you. Well obviously that is just not true. You just may have to wait a little while for it come back to you. After watching so many episodes of "My Name is Earl", maybe everything is about karma. I am sure it is possible that this man had done many bad things as a younger man and was being punished by karma. Now he has atoned for his mistakes and karma is giving him his car back. Maybe this story and the TV show will have a profound effect on many Americans who do not do good things and change their lives so karma can reward them. I sure hope so and I also hope that my baseball cards that were stolen when I was little get returned to me. They might be worth a lot of money now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news. I'm hoping that my pink and turquoise Guess watch will be returned. I'm super sure that the heavily acid washed jeans will be back in style soon, and now I'll be able to accessorize!

Anonymous said...

When I was 8, I had this pair of pink sneaker type things that I loved. Well, my mom didn't want me to wear them in the snow, so I had to wear snowboots and put them in my backpack. One day, I forgot to zip my backpack and the shoes fell out (luckily none of my homework did). I was a mess, and got in trouble for being irresponsible.

The next day, I saw this bully-girl who lived down the street wearing my shoes!! (Yes, I know they were mine because I was the only kid with a pair). When I got home, I told my mom... who then marched with me up to the girl's house. Turned out that she saw the shoes fall out of my bag (she was walking to school behind me) and decided to keep them for herself.

I got my shoes back, and I wasn't grounded anymore. The other girl, well... I can't say the same for her.