Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We're taking bets that Ernie is not your friend...

Open Letter to Tropical Storm Ernesto,

Dear Ernesto,

Do you mind if I call you Ernie? As you know the Caribbean and the United States have been devastated with Hurricanes over the last year and you are the first one to truly make a problem this year. Now I don't know about you, but I don't think a Muppet should be causing trouble. I know that you are trying to sound tough with the name Ernesto but it isn't working. Everyone knows that you would rather go out to sea and play with your rubber ducky than cause trouble.

I ask you Ernie do you want to really make the rest of the Muppets mad? We could send Chef after you or even call on Waldorf and Stadler to make fun of you until you are reduced to a Tropical Depression. Go find Bert and have a grand old time shaking his freaky arms. Stay away from Florida and the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. Do me a favor; please ask Kirk to stay the hell away too because Captain Kirk definitely is scary enough to cause trouble.

Sincerely,

WTBT Staff

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee-rubber ducky.

When I was little, I had a radio that was Ernie in the bathtub taking a bubble bath. Obviously it had a rubber ducky and that's why I'm telling you this story.

Anonymous said...

*in my "best" William Shatner voice*

I. Don't. Know. Why. You. Think. Captain Kirk. Is. Scary. He. Is. A. Nice. Guy.

GMadrid said...

Lisa - Thanks for Sharing. You almost crossed the "I said Share not Scare" line.

Danielle - To be honest he was a little bit scary to alien baddies. If he was a Hurricane I don't even think Ditka would be able to handle him.

Anonymous said...

I think you may have angered Ernesto by calling him Ernie and not by his formal title: Sir Ernesto. If i were you i would watch out for a slight flood in your apartment tonight.

Anonymous said...

I think we need a Hurricane Jean-Luc.

Daniel said...

Hurricane KHAN!!!!!

Zinnia said...

I vote for Animal or Sweetums. They always got the job done out of all the muppets.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Ernie on sesame street and not the muppets?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see how it is. Now that more people are commenting, you can be a jerk to the people who always come by.

I always thought you were kind, but now I see you're maligned.

GMadrid said...

Lisa - You are a poet and you didn't even know it. I don't think that I was mean in anyway. You might be a bit sensitive about your Rubber Ducky experience.

Tom - Ernie is on Sesame Street, but he is also part of the bigger family of Muppets.

Nai said...

Lisa,

It may not have been mean, but it was certainly not nice. In my opinion very jerk-like behavior.

You should point out that it is Statler, not Stadler (they are named after the famous hotels).

I got your back....

Ian

Anonymous said...

CHILDREN! I swear I will turn this car around... :-)

Anonymous said...

Greg, why would I NOT be sensitive about my Rubber Ducky experience?

I mean, he is "the one" and without him, bath time just wouldn't be as fun.

And Ian...thanks for playin D for me!

GMadrid said...

Good Grief!!!

Ian & Lisa - I can see why you share two letters of the alphabet. :)

Nai said...

Greg,

You don't mess with another persons rubber ducky experience... You just don't.

Ian