Thursday, June 21, 2007

We're taking bets that some questions just don't go together...

Hello WTBT readers! I hope you are enjoying the first day of summer. I certainly am trying to do just that. Here are a couple of questions for you all. Invite others to join and have a good time.

A. Yesterday I scared myself when a large dried leaf moved towards me like a deranged animal and it was dark. What scared you most as a child that you know now wasn't real?

B. What is your favorite summer fruit and why?

C. Would you rather spend a sunny summer day(88 degrees) off reading/tanning at the beach, relaxing/swimming in an in-ground pool or inside in the AC keeping cool?

Answers:

A. I actually did think there was a monster in my room. I used to be completely under the covers with only an area to breath out of. It got way too stuffy to keep breathing recycled air. Now I know the monster was their, but he was nice.

B. It is tough to choose one, but I would have to say peaches. I am a huge peach fan and they are so much better in the summer.

C. I would be at the beach in a second. I can't think of anything better.

3 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

#1: I can't believe you didn't tell me the funny story about the leaf while we were talking. I am sure that it would have been very funny.

Ok...

A. I thought that there was something in my room that would hurt me if they saw me praying. So I'd pretend I had a scratch on my forehead and then I'd lay my hand on my heart. Then I'd stretch and put my hand on my shoulders one at a time completing the sign of the cross.

It took a really long time to pray. Now I know that it was the Devil and that God would have protected me. 8)

B. Strawberries! Yummy. I remember picking them right off of the vine and eating them while they were still warm from the sun when I was little...fantastic.

C. It's a toss up between the beach and the pool. If I was alone at the pool and it was quiet with a tropical setting, I'd pick the pool because it's not sandy. Otherwise, the beach is tops...In fact, I was just trying to plan a beach day.

Danielle Athanas said...

I'm delayed thanks to Jamaica. :)

A: I wasn't really afraid of anything, but I did think that I'd get the same sleep if I slept with my eyes open. As a result for a couple of weeks I didn't get as much sleep as I probably should have.

B: Watermelon. Everything else I tend to eat year round, but there's something refreshing about a nice crisp watermelon on a hot summer day. It reminds me of cookouts and such things. :)

C: Beach, hands down. I love the sounds of the ocean even though I don't much swim in it. There's something about beach sun and a soft sea breeze that does it for me.

Thanks, now I'm thinking of Jamaica again. :)

Carrie said...

1. I was scared that lightning would come in my window when I was in bed during a storm and kill me. I used to scrunch way up in the corner of my bed, trying to get out of any direct line with a window.

2. I'm a fan of the strawberry.

3. I'd be the one floating in the pool with a book and a margarita :)