Thursday, June 14, 2007

We're taking bets that you have good and bad luck...

Hello WTBT readers!! Just another exciting day in the land of Greg. Car broke down in Boston on the way to the Red Sox game. Sox lost and we had an adventure getting a ride home to CT. Many of my friends have said to me that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have luck at all. Today's questions will have a little bit to do with luck and some other fun stuff. I hope you enjoy. Ask others to join.

A. Do you have a good luck charm? If so what is it?

B. Who is the luckiest person you know and why?

C. Would you prefer to solve someone's romantic problem, a brain teaser or a problem at work? Why?

Answers:

A. I do not have a good luck charm, but I think I should try and get one.

B. My sister. She works very hard and deserves all of the luck that she gets, but she always seems to be in the right place at the right time. It has been said that you make your own luckand I hope that is the case with Julianne.

C. I would prefer to solve a problem at work because it usually has to do with someone's relationship with another whether it is a roommate, a friend or a significant other.

6 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

A. Yes. Steve and I have a stuffed "baby armadillo" that comes with us (in our pocket) to major events. It's been on my job interviews (I've gotten both that it's been on) and it was with us at the wedding on Saturday (in Steve's pocket).

B. I hate to say it... but for a while it was me. I was on a few years streak of winning pretty much everything I entered/participated in. Prizes included a Palm Pilot, a signed Riverhawks jersey, and 4 tickets to Beauty & The Beast on ice. Recently I haven't seen any "luck" one way or another. (Though... the sappy answer is that it's still me because I have found love with Steve... :) )

C. I would prefer to solve a problem at work. It allows me to work in a team environment and come to an attainable, demonstrative solution. It also allows for a sense of recognizable accomplishment. :)

Maggie Moo said...

This is the first thing I have to say: Why did YOU drive to Boston?

Greg needs to stop being so nice to people and start saying: YOU DRIVE!

With that, here goes:

A. I do, but I haven't used it in a long time. It's actually one of those clip on earings that was popular in the late 80's that you put on the top of your ear (sort of where I have a real earing now). It's a little man but he broke so I made a lanyard for it. I used it for every play/musical/softball game in high school.

B. This depends on what kind of luck we are talking about. Because I think you are pretty lucky with the amount of friends/social things you have and the fun aspect of your life. I think Robin is lucky because she has a great family, husband, kids and friends...

But I suppose I would say that I'm' the luckiest person I know because things always seem to work out for me, no matter how bad they get. I think this has more to do with hard work and not giving up though. So I guess I didn't really anwer your question.

C. I would prefer to solve someone's romantic problem. Though I don't know how I could solve it unless it was that they were in love with me and I was in love with them and therefore I made them happy...but imagine how good it would feel to solve someones heart problems...they'd be happy.

I'm really tired. Sorry for the rambles.

Maggie Moo said...

I change my answer to #2. I guess it's Danielle.

8)

GMadrid said...

Danielle - You are one lucky girl!!!

Lisa - Cuz I wanted to.

Danielle said...

Yeah... you remember those days. :)

Carrie said...

A. I used to have a Petoskey stone that I kept in my pocket, but it got lost, so I guess it wasn't that lucky after all.

B. I think anyone who is able to live without worrying about a budget is pretty lucky.. I know a couple of people like that.

C. I like brain teasers because when I get them right it makes me feel smart, and I've been feeling like my brain is in a slow state of decay lately.