Sunday, May 01, 2005

We're taking bets that fog is nothing to laugh at...

Last night I drove home from seeing Dane Cook at BU. (Thank you Pascha for thinking of me.) It was a wet night but the rain had stopped. Little did I know it was going to be the scariest ride of my life.

Fog is kind of like the guy from Seinfeld who was a sidler. It just creeps up on you and you look away for a second it is right in front of you. The problem with fog is that it makes seeing very difficult. I know that a lot of people have stated that the fog was as thick as pea soup, but that is just ridiculous. The fog last night wasn't like pea soup, but rather like the gel that forms on the top of soup. You can't see through it and it is kind of gross.

I was travelling along with my cruise control at 74 MPH when I encountered fog that would only allow me to see 2 feet in front of me. I had to slow down to 50 MPH while being petrified that someone was going to ram into me from behind. It was very scary. You can't even see the lines on the road.

Then the fog suddenly lifted and I couldn't believe I had traveled as far as I did. It was like I just entered Earth's atmosphere from space. It was quite an experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! teen pussy subaru Voice over ip versatel Pilates studio phoenix