Wednesday, May 04, 2005

We're taking bets that it is time for a celebration...

So tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo!!! As someone with some Mexican descent in him through Spain I will be having the obligatory Tequiza and Corona with Lime. I was thinking about all the great things that Mexico has contributed to the world. Here is my list:

1. Mexican Food - When my mouth is on fire I am very happy. Of course there is a good chance that I will be unhappy later and so will the toilet.
2. Salsa - it is not only a great condiment, but a fun word to say. Seinfeld hit is right on the head with that joke. Everyone say it with me, "SALSA SALSA SALSA!!!"
3. Salma Hayek - She has one of the best accents in the world and the beautiful body to back it up. My favorite scene of hers is when she is dancing in the kitchen making dinner during the movie "Fools Rush In" with Matthew Perry.
4. Montezuma's Revenge - You cannot not find a better name for awful diaherra than that. You could try, but you would fail.
5. Tequila - This is practically a no brainer. What alcohol has lead to more ONS (One Night Stands) than tequila. I would venture to say that most of the Mexican population was conceived due to tequila. :)

What things do you love about Mexico? Drop me a note. Enjoy Cinco de Mayo!!!