Wednesday, May 25, 2005

We're taking bets that I was excited about gas...

Now I am sure that the above headline makes people think that I was gassy and happy about it, but that is not what I am talking about. I went to pump gas and found that the price was only $2.05 per gallon. I was ecstatic and almost did an Irish Jig. (I am not Irish so I didn't do the jig.) In 1999 I paid $.99 and was fully content. That seems like eons ago now. I hope things change for the better or at least we get down to $1.50 a gallon. That seems reasonable. How sad is it that gas prices have changed so much that I am now excited by $2.05?

A couple of other quick thoughts.

* Did you know that unless you have aardvark farms in your area that the first listing in the business phone book is "Abortion"? I thought that was an interesting fact.
* What the hell was this lady thinking? It actually makes me miss my grandmother's crazy antics.
* Have you ever looked at the people around you on the highway early in the morning? Everyone seems too serious. The other thing I noticed is that most people are gripping the steering wheel like their lives depended on it. Maybe people who drive early in the morning just have really bad alignments and would crash if they didn't.
* I loved The Contender, but the Championship Fight was a little bit of a disappointment. Though my idol Bill Simmons disagrees with me. They fought great the first four rounds and then seem tired for the last three rounds. Congrats to Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora for taking home the $1,000,000 prize. That Alfonso is one of my new heroes after beating Jesse. Remember little Mexicans always have spunk and heart.
* This may be the closest American Idol vote ever. Carrie performed a little better last night, but I think Bo was better throughout the show. Carrie is cuter than Bo so she has my vote.
* Shout out to Ian for his verbal recognition of "There are no Jedi's named Doug." I thought that was one of my funnier May comments. If I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Nai said...

That little old lady story is awesome. The pizza shop called her a crazy old coot. Leave it to North Carolina to keep the term coot alive!

Imagine being that officer that she attacked. That has to be his best "field story" that he has.

"I remember the day when I responded to a misuse of 911 charge. When I responded to the scene I was attacked by a 86 year old women. She put up a great fight but her teeth came out when she bit me and she was no match for me then!"