Sunday, May 08, 2005

We're taking bets that it is time to honor Mom...

So I have searched the universe for Mother's Wisdom and Funny Sayings on this day we honor our Mother's. Here are my favorite 25. You may of heard these. You may even use them today. Tell me your Mother's favorite words of wisdom or sayings.

Don't use that tone with me!
Were you born in a barn? Close that door!
If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?
Shut the door - I can't pay to heat the whole neighborhood.
I'm not everyone else's mother - I'm your mother.
What do I look like, your maid?!
Close your mouth when you're eating - you look like a cow
Turn off the light!Do you think we own the electric company?
Do you think money grows on trees ?
A little soap never hurt anyone.
I'm not talking just hear hear my own voice!
How can you sleep in an unmade bed ?
"I don't know" is NOT an answer.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Rob, Ron, Julianne, Greg... Whatever your name is.
Look at me when I'm talking to you.
There's enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes.
There's someone either dying or being created under your bed - look at all this dust.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
What do you mean CARRY ME - I carried you for nine months.
What do you mean you aren't going to eat everything on your plate - think of those poor starving children in India.
You WILL eat it, and you WILL like it.
I'm going to give you until the count of three.
You made your bed - now lie in it.
Why ? Because I SAID so, that's why !!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are mine...

"You don't want me to clean your room, I'll go in there with a trashbag."
"I'm the mother, I'm always right even when I'm wrong."

P McT said...

OH man, there is nothing like sayings from a west indian mother. Here are some of my favorite that I have heard from most of the women in my family
Try your best to imagine these words being said with a strong Jamaican accent
1) Keep it up...i'll give you something to really cry about
2) Jesus Christ!! Father Lord give the strenght...
3) I'm you mother...I don't need anymore friends
4) I will kill you call the police on myself...keep testing me (This is an orignal from my mother)
5) Sometimes I really have to wonder about you because I dont' think you could have come out of my body.
Honorable mention goes to the multiple name calling before getting to the right child
Andrea, Marcia, AnnMarie, Renee... whats your name, come here
I've come to realized i'm whats your name!

Man I can't wait to use these on my kids

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is I have used so many in school and on my own kids. Thanks for the laugh. I feel really old now. Love Ya

Anonymous said...

Rob, Ron, Julianne, Greg... Whatever your name is.
This is even better when they're calling you by their own BROTHER AND SISTER'S NAMES!! Sigh...the onset of old age.
My fav momism:

- We'll See... (never meant YES)

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info county maricopa property tax Fluoxetine drug information fluoxetine shirt club Medical sites quitting smoking the patch cheap air flights travel tips saab dealer 1940 hp pda order meridia Canadian cancer association printer cartridges average weight loss with bontril First african american to form a dance company Lake ray roberts fishing reports kissimmee answering service car alarm systems2c car security system2c enforcer Alabama insurance commissioner Humidifier part01010101010101010101010101010101 http://www.male-model-1.info National car rental vancouver bc Ccc eyeglasses