Thursday, May 05, 2005

We're taking bets that I will not be reading this book...

So the oldest living Munchkin has written a book about his experiences in the movie The Wizard of Oz. Now many of you have heard about my disdain for the good old Wizard. Do we need a book about a freaky movie. I mean the munchkins in general were a little weird with their odd speech patterns and songs about the Lollypop Guild. Now the old coroner is going to tell us all about his adventures.

The weirdest thing about the article is the fact that he prefers the term "Munchkins" over "Little People." If you call someone a Munchkin today you would get punched in the kneecap or kicked in the shin. Though maybe it helped to destroy the evil organization HELP (Hate Everything about Little People). I guess everyone has something they would like to be called. I mean I think that many boys would have rathered the size "Big Kid" over the awful term "Husky". Husky is a dog not a size for boys. Anyway, I guess it is now PC to use the term Munchkin and I am going to try it. I just have to get my shin guards and cup on first. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disdain? Greg, when I was an RA in Leitch you wouldn't even go on my floor because I did the doortags and duty board in a Wizard of Oz motif. :-)