Friday, May 06, 2005

We're taking bets that the question is not whether we will die, but how we will live.

It is question time again at the WTBT offices. These two questions are pretty simple and hopefully will generate some good answers. I would also like to thank Joan Borysenko for the above headline quote.

A. What are your five favorite foods/drinks that you only eat during the summer months?

B. What's your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? Why?

ANSWERS

A.

1. Linguisa - Costa got me hooked on this stuff.
2. My famous BBQ Chicken Salad - I stole the recipe from GW.
3. Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade - This is heaven in a cup.
4. My Mom's Macaroni Salad - It is most excellent and she only makes it in the summer.
5. Fresh Lobster from the Naragansett Pier in Rhode Island - The best dinner down at the house on stilts.

B.

This is actually a tough questions. I mean there are so many to choose from. I first thought that the electric hand mixer because you can lick off the beaters after you are done. This is great with things like frosting. But I decided that the metal spork is the greatest invention ever for the kitchen. You can cut things with the side. You can stab stuff to eat. You can also eat soup. What a wonderful invention. Mind you it is tough to find a metal spork, but if you can find one you will keep it with you at all times because you never know when you might have a food emergency.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A.
1. Lemon Slush, the white lemon slush though - not that yellow crap.
2. Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade. It's crisp, refreshing... Greg's right, it's heaven in a cup.
3. My Nana's macaroni salad. She makes it every time we have a family function in the summer, especially when she knows I'm coming.
4. Fried Dough. It reminds me of the beach, and I've never wanted to eat it in the winter.
5. Ice cream cones, specifically. I eat ice cream during the other months, but for some reason I feel like I'm committing a sin if I eat it on a cone other than in the summer.

B.
This is easy. I never had a favorite before... then Steve and I went halfsies on a food processor. It was love at first dip. You can use it for making some high quality dips (i.e. my roasted red pepper dip), it makes sandwich salad amazingly (i.e. my cranberry chicken salad), and it chops veggies for sautes like no one's business (i.e. my chicken with apple and celery relish). Oh, how I love the food processor.

P McT said...

A)
1)Minute Maid frozen lemonade, UMMMM
2)Cantalople, Watermelon, Honeydew..by themselves or all together
3)Lime Rickey's, good stuff
4)Jerk Chicken, now this can be anytime of year, but its best in the summer time when you can make it on the grill!!!!
5) Bomb pops, it should be illegal to even be able to by these in stores, they should be enjoyed in the summer purchased from a Mr. Softee truck!!

B)So many kitchen utensils to choose from!
I would have to go with the blenders, its the original food processer can make a mean margarita!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Pick three winning numbers black cock asian ass