Thursday, September 08, 2005

We're taking bets that flamboyant can be too much...

It feels like Friday. Why does it always feel like that when you had Monday off. Shouldn't it feel like Wednesday. Anyway, thank goodness that the weekend is almost here. Here are a few questions. I don't have the answer to one and would really like other people's opinion. The rest of the questions are fun. Post your answers in the comments section. Ask your friends; have colleagues answer; get people involved. They can do it anonymously.

A. Why is it that a majority of "out" gay men have to always be the center of attention? I don't get this and I have dealt with a lot of gay men. Is there anyone who could shed light on this? I don't mean that they flaunt they are gay just that they need to be the center of attention.

B. If you were going to be a stripper what song would you choreograph your routine to?

C. Would you rather have sexy appeal or be good looking? There is definitely a difference. Example Bono is not all that good looking, but he definitely has sex appeal.

Answers:

B. This is a tougher question than I thought it would be. I first thought that Do Me by Bell Biv Devoe would be my best choice, but I thought that was a little too provacative. Then I thought that Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa, but I think I need a male vocalist. So I really think Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye, but the remixed version.

C. I definitely would rather have sex appeal because being sexy is always helpful. Even when you are older you can use having sex appeal. Good looking requires a lot of work no matter how good looking you are. At 80 good looking might help a little, but sex appeal would help a lot. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I don't know the answer to this, but I am also curious because every gay man I've been friends with acts this way.
2. If I were a stripper I would choose "Criminal" by Fiona Apple or "I Feel You" by Depeche Mode. I think that "I Feel You" would involve a motorcycle and a man in leather.
3. I think that I would agree-I would rather have sex appeal than to be good looking, though I think that this is a little different for men than women. Having people think you are a sexy woman can sometimes feel uncomfortable-especially if you are at a drive thru. 8-)

P McT said...

1. Not every gay man I know acts this way...but almost all of them have their moments.
Why, I definitely don't know.
2. Stripper huh...I'm gona have to say Wait(The Whisper Song) by the Ying Yang Twins
3. I would have to say sex appeal because being sexy is attractive!!

Anonymous said...

1. *shrug* I'm with PMcT on this one.
2. Hrmmm... Probably "Leather" by Tori Amos. Very dirty song. Speaking of which, I'd probably do an encore stripping to "Dirty" by Christina Aquilera.
3. Sexy baby. Austin Powers wasn't good looking... those teeth? But man, he was sexy and got all the fine ladies. ;-)

Anonymous said...

1. I know gay folks who don't feel the need to be the center of attention, but I also know straight guys who do (I think I'm one sometimes).

2. AC/DC, "Big Balls." 'Nuff said.

3. Neither. I'd go with rich. I think you can fool anyone into thinking you are good-looking and have sex appeal with just the right amount of cash. Actually, I'm being a wiseass. I could care less if I was aesthetically-pleasing and/or appealing.

GMadrid said...

Best answer to question 3 ever. Thanks Rob.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Botulinum neurotoxins surveillance equipment March 5 bulk email software American card express optima scanners barcode spy digital camera fiat 126p Keno online game online payment Dental insurance company canada Paper stationery supply Ati card graphic video answering services http://www.ultracet-online.info Propecia before after design a kitchen cabinet Uk basketball recuriting