Wednesday, February 08, 2006

We're taking bets that ridiculous is as ridiculous does...

Alright there are three things that have grabbed my attention today. Each of them has merit and craziness in them. What do you think?

* The Lowell Spinners are trying to get New England Little Leagues to eliminate "Yankees" from their team names. They say that Little Leaguers in New England are devastated when they find out they are on the Yankees. Now I was a Yankee as a Little Leaguer. We even won a league championship and lost in the finals of another. I didn't care about the name because I knew I was a true blood Red Sox fan and no team name could take that away from me. Although I love the Lowell franchise I think this is a little ridiculous.

* A 6 year old was suspended for sexual harassment at his elementary school in Brockton, MA. No the age is not a typo. Um did the kid make an inappropriate Brokeback Mountain joke? Maybe he was talking about her thoughts on a recent Sex and the City rerun. Are you freaking kidding me? Does he have any clue what that even means? Where is this suspension a teachable moment for a 6 year old? I am not going to dispute that the child needs to be spoken too and taught that touching is inappropriate, but a suspension is a little too crazy. I wonder if it was a little girl that had done the touching if it would have been a big deal?

* This is the second time that I have blogged about someone saving a bird with mouth to mouth resuscitation. I think it is great that this lady saved her brother's pet. It is a shame she didn't swing him by his feet like the guy in Colorado did. What I thought was hilarious and ridiculous is that the bird was an exotic chicken. Thank God the lady said it wasn't just an ordinary chicken. So she would let ordinary animals just die, but she would rush to save exotic animals? Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, "Sometimes a chicken has lips, just not their own"

?!?!

Who writes like that?

And, if you ask me-I think the crazy chicken people were trying to murder Boo Boo. The stress of keeping an exotic chicken just got to them and they needed to be free of him.

That and they just found a fabulous recipe for Chicken Picata.

"I think this chicken's alive." Crazy people.