Tuesday, February 28, 2006

We're taking bets that it is time to pay your respects...

Three prominent male actors died over the last week. I know there have been thousands of blogs about it, but I would just like to recognize these fine gentleman here. Don Knotts, Darren McGavin and Dennis Weaver all touched the lives of American's everywhere. Dennis was most famous for Gunsmoke and McCloud, but I will always remember him as Buck McCoy on the Simpsons episode "The Latest Gun in the West." Darren McGavin will be with us every Christmas saying Fra-Gee-Lay on Christmas Story. Finally Don Knotts who had so many great roles but perhaps one of my favorites was him in the Apple Dumpling Gang as Theodore Ogelvie. Each of these men made us laugh and sometimes cry and I for one am proud to recognize them here on my blog. Rest in Peace Gentlemen!!!

No comments: