Thursday, February 16, 2006

We're taking bets that you have to love the Olympics...

Thursday means it is question time. Post your answers in the comments section. Remember that you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question. Have fun and enjoy the fact that February is more than 1/2 over.

A. What is your favorite part about the Winter Olympics?

B. If you woke up suddenly because your house was on fire, which three things would you save as you ran outside?

C. If you could play any musical instrument what would it be and why?

Answers:

A. My favorite part of the Winter Olympics is Bob Costas. He is probably the premier sports interviewer and really makes all of the human interest stories seem important. One day we won't have Bob Costas at the Olympics anymore and we will all miss him.

B. I would first take any photo albums/frames that I had, and then I would take any notebooks that I have written in over the years. Lastly I would take my Christmas stuff because they hold a lot of memories.

C. I would love to be able to successfully play the piano. I used to be able to play when I was younger and just stopped playing. It would be fun knowing that I could walk into any bar with a piano and play some tunes.

6 comments:

Liz said...

1. I love the spirit of the Olympics. Take North and South Korea - they hate each other, but walked in to the stadium together during the opening ceremonies.

2. Assuming all living beings got out alright (husband and dogs), I would take the few heirlooms I have from my grandmothers, the memory box I have kept over the years of cards, notes and other sweet things Teri has given me and, our Christmas stuff. Not having either of my parents around anymore those Christmas items from my childhood mean more to me than most other things I could save.

3. Well, I can play the trumpet which I enjoy, but I would love to learn to play the guitar. There are so many feelings that can be expressed through those strings that I could use that talent to help me express my moods.

Anonymous said...

A. Besides the fact that it's Winter? I would say the skating.

B. I would save my pictures and my poetry. I would have said jewlery that belonged to my grandmother, but it was stolen last year, so I only have 2.

C. Piano. I can already play the flute.

Anonymous said...

1. My favorite part about the Olympics is the unpredictability of them. This goes for either Olympics. Here's what I mean... Apollo Ohno was a favorite for the short track - then he gets antsy, greedy, anxious, whatever - and ends up tripping and losing his medal shot. It shows that these top-notch all-start amazing athletes are STILL human. :-)

2. My diamond ring (beyond the fact that it's a diamond, it means soooo much), my purse (call me practical - but that also gets my my keys and cell phone), and my stuffed Mom/Baby Armadillo (it's a very sentimental thing that Steve and I have). Sure, you can't replace notes and pictures and everything... but they're much, much harder to grab than the three things I DID choose. The reality is that my house is on fire. I want things I can grab easily and get the hell out.

3. Piano. There's something about piano music that I absolutely love. Or the drums. You can do so many amazing things with good percussion....

Anonymous said...

A. Love love love pairs skating and pairs ice dancing...god they do some crazy ass lifts...

B. My kitty, my passport, my marathon medals.

C. I wish I could sing...that's quite the instrument...

P McT said...

1. I like speed skating, its amazing at all, but it also makes me laugh hyterically (arm swing, not arm swing)funny!!!

2. My purse, my file case that has all paperwork from INS stuff to school loans...not sure whatelse

3. I play a few instruments already, but I would continue my voice lessons and attempt to get the ever present flat tone out of my voice!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Arkansas bass fishing Telephone+answering+machine+software Discount+wireless+plans Cadillac allente