Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We're taking bets that Game Seven in Boston is AWESOME...

Here are a few observations from my time at Game Seven of the ALCS at Fenway Park...


* No matter where you were seated the you had a great seat. Mainly because being around 37,000+ Red Sox fans at the same time was very cool. We had standing room and were at the top of the stadium on the third base side. There was a concession stand of our very own 10 feet from us and we had a beautiful view of Boston.


* Standing up and cheering has absolutely no effect on your team's performance. It was when people stood up that it was hard for us already standing to see the field. I would argue that the Red Sox did worse everytime the crowd stood up. It was when everyone was sitting and then something exciting happened like Pedroia's home run that standing was okay. Remember that there are a ton of people that would prefer to sit and watch the game. Standing just gets annoying especially every time a pitcher gets two strikes on a batter.

* College women love my Dad. More women high-fived my Dad that I could have ever imagined. Not that I was jealous or anything, but I never quite saw my Dad as a player. Now it could be the gray hair and women loving distinguished older men who love the Red Sox, but it kind of made me chuckle. I bet he could have gotten a hug if he wanted to.

* Police in riot gear with large bamboo sticks are scary and college students could care less. We passed a BU res. hall with 200+ people outside chanting, "Let's Go Red Sox!!! BC Sucks!!!" and the police were just watching. Now I don't think they should have broken it up, but I don't think the students cared who was out there. Especially the women showing their breasts.


* JD Drew has become the most loved hated person in Red Sox history. Everytime he gets a clutch hit you gotta love him, but most of the time he just stinks. My Dad even made a decree that he would not say bad things about him during the World Series if he drove Mike Lowell home late in the game. He did and now my Dad can't say squat when he inevitably sucks during the World Series.

1 comment:

Maggie Moo said...

Why were they carrying bamboo sticks? Were they trying to be a cooler, hipper riot team? That's weird. Perhaps I don't want to move to Boston.