Thursday, October 11, 2007

We're taking bets that some old things need an update...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that you like my new site update. I figured after 3 years I should change it. I did a color change in year 2 from Rose to Green and now a different look. Hopefully I will like it. At the very least it streamlines my archives. I have a some questions for everyone. I hope that you like them and are insightful. Get others to answer and have a good time. Talk to you all soon.

A. What invention that has been around since at least the mid twentieth century needs and upgrade?

B. If you could be great at poetry, painting, or scultping which would you choose and why?

C. What do feel would make Halloween even a more fun holiday?

Answers:

A. I think that vending machines need to be updated. Those spinning holders always get Doritos stuck and they are impossible to get out without practically breaking the machine. You would think in the 21st century we could find a better way to distribute chips and other snacks.

B. I would love to be great at painting. mainly because I like to look at paintings and people could hang my works in their houses or offices. I think that is the biggest compliment you can give to an artist is displaying their works.

C. It would have to be calorie/fat/sugar free great tasting candy. If for Halloween only candy was not harmful for you or kids it would be awesome. You could gorge yourself on Snickers and Reese's Pieces with no worry about regretting it. That would be fantastic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. You would think that ALL phones by now....would be video conference phones....maybe in the next five years. I think it'd be nice to see someone's face while talking to them...then again...i might not always want someone to see MY face!

2. Poetry. I HATE writing. LOVE reading and have always been AMAZED by both poets and lyricists at how they find EXACTLY the right word or word combination that makes you say that's so ON, that's EXACTLY how I feel......they make words breathe.

3. If we had the day off from work Halloween would be fantastic!

Maggie Moo said...

A. I was also going to say phones. Though there are state of the art phones now, you would think they'd find a way to make phones never be staticy.

B. Well, I think I already write poetry well, as people have told me I can paint with words. If I get to keep that talent (since I already posess it an' all...) I would choose painting. I've tried it and am only good at the abstract ones...you know, the kind you just splatter paint all over and you are done?

C. Having kids. I've always experienced Halloween as the dresser upper or the giver, but never as the one who gets to make costumes for my little ones and see their excitement when they trick or treat. Someday...

Danielle Athanas said...

Snazzy new template, Greg. Yellie likey.

Anyways...

A. You know, I think I'm going to have to agree with you on the vending machines. There's gotta be a better way to get candy other than a weird spirally thing. Bags of chips ALWAYS get stuck, and while it's nice for the next person who will knock it out with their cookies and get two snacks - what about your bag of chips? You don't spend $0.85 just so someone else can have your chips. Greg, I think we could fix this problem. :)

B. I think painting. I love how the colors meld together when you paint something, and I used to paint a little bit when I was in high school and kind of miss it. Plus... you can make a huge mess when you paint!

C. Living in a house in a neighborhood with lots and lots of kids. When you live in an apartment it's not quite the same as handing out candy at your own house, and I LOVE handing out candy. Especially when teenagers who took their costumes off three blocks ago come to the door, and I make them put their costume on before I give them candy. Nothing's free kid, you'd better put that costume on, or else get a job and buy your own candy. Yeah.

GMadrid said...

Anon - Video phones would creep me out especially when I get those late night phone calls. Ugh. A day off at Halloween would be cool though.

Lisa - Splatter painting sounds fun. You could use your chef skills and paint with food.

Danielle - You could get a table and put it out on the street and give away candy to passerbys like a Lemonade stand. Kids would love that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,
1. Well, it isn't really an invention per se, but its an idea that has been around for ever...Why don't we have Jetson like vehicles yet? We should be able to fly to our destinations by now, don't you think?

2. I would want to be good at poetry. That would mean I would write better. That is my one downfall.

3. I have never been much of a Halloween person as an adult. Now that I have a daughter, maybe I will enjoy it more??? Who knows!???

Carrie said...

A. Asphalt. It would be nice to be able to drive from one end of the city or state to the other in the summer and not have half of the roads ripped up because the cracks in the pavement had gotten too big.

B. Sculpting. I would love to be able to make my own line of dragon collectibles.

C. Halloween is already the best holiday ever. Although it would be nice to always have the day off after, so that costume parties wouldn't have to be on the weekends around the actual holiday!