Thursday, October 18, 2007

We're taking bets that it would be exciting if some imaginary things came alive...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying my new layout. I am getting rid of the poll because it mucks up the site. Any suggestions you have to make it better let me know. Everyone should be enjoying fall by now. Sleeping Giant is gorgeous right now with all of the leaves changing. It is quite a sight to see. Here are a few fun questions for everyone I hope you all have a good time answering.

A. If you could suddenly find out that one work of fiction was actually true, what book would you select?

B. What childhood character (ex. Big Bird) do you wish was real and could talk even today?

C. Who is your favorite wise cartoon character (Jiminy Cricket, Owl from Pooh, Papa Smurf, Kermit the Frog) and why?

Answers:

A. I would hope that Field of Dreams(yes it was a book first) was true and there really was ghosts playing baseball in Iowa. I would pay to see them play and re-live some childhood memories.

B. I think it would be awesome if Grover was real. He is always around for a laugh and his innocence is precious. Plus he could do Near-Far when ever I needed a pick me up.

C. I think my favorite wise character would be Jiminy Cricket. He was a great moral compass and has very high standards. Plus he is a great singer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. Anne of Green Gables (yes insert eye rolls here....). It's my hands down all time favorite "childhood" series of novels and PBS miniseries. Or maybe it's considered an extended movie...either way...I'd love to know that Anne and Gilbert really DID exist and finally fall in love and marry after all the angst, teasing, distance, etc., what a fantastic love story...SIGH!

b. I loved, LOVED Fozzie Bear. His jokes were HORRIBLE and that vaudevillian hat and silk polka dot scarf...you had to give him A++ for effort with EVERY bad joke...and I'm probably the only one who would laugh cause my jokes are just as bad. He has those big fuzzy hands too...it'd be kinda cool to high five him after a terrible joke and listen to his machine gun like "ah ah ah ah ah ah" laugh, or a "wacka wacka wacka".

c. Tinkerbell. Maybe not as profoundly WISE as Jimminy, but in a typically female fashion she looked out for the boy/man she loved and did it with all her four inches of sass. :) Who doesn't love fairy dust and a cute green mini skirt??

GMadrid said...

Anon - I am not shocked by Anne of Green Gables although Fozzie was a big surprise. Though I guess the horrible jokes goes over well with you. :)

Danielle Athanas said...

A. Uhm..... I've been racking my brain and I can't think of anything. You know what... I think I'd pick Jurassic Park. What a cool thing that would be if we could bring dinosaurs back to life using fossils. Granted... I wouldn't want to just leave them there to procreate and maybe take over the planet. Then I would have to worry about a T-Rex eating me.

B. You know what, I think I would love it if Oscar the Grouch was real. Sure, he was grouchy on a regular basis. But once you got to know him he had some soft spots and wasn't as rough as he let on. Plus, there's something to be said for giving a teachable moment to someone who is so stubborn - and he gave new meaning to "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

C. My favorite wise character is definitely Rafiki from The Lion King. He was awesome... wise and also a wise crack. He helped Simba to see his true self while talking at his level. Yep, he's my favorite. Plus... he's a blue butted monkey. How do you beat that?!?!

GMadrid said...

Danielle - Excellent choice on Rafiki. I am not sure about the Jurassic Park thing as dinosaurs running around might make driving hard.

Anonymous said...

A. Peter Pan. I never wanna grow up!

B. Lady Elaine Fairchild from the Land of Make Believe on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. I don't quite know why, but I always found her really funny!

C. Mr. Hooper from Sesame Street. I know he was a real man, but I learned a lot from him.