Thursday, December 16, 2004

We're taking bets that I may go berserk...

It is the time to be merry, joyous, helpful, friendly, and litigious. AHHHHHH!!! I am a pretty accepting person when it comes to everyone's right to an opinion. Although I usually think that my opinion is correct, I don't complain when other express one. Everyone has a right to protest as they see fit and disagree with things that they don't like, but we have finally gone too far.

In Milford, CT a local family got permission from the city to put up a nativity scene on the Town Green. Overall it seems pretty harmless, but NO!!!! The American Atheists are having a protest tomorrow and thinking of filing a lawsuit over the nativity scene. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think I am going to start protesting when the farmer's market comes back to Lowell near the Police Station this spring, because I don't believe in farms.

No one has to believe in God and I am sure there are times that everyone wonders if he/she really exists. This has gone way too far. Protest all you want, but a lawsuit banning it from the Town Green. BAH HUMBUG to the Atheists!!! BAH HUMBUG to Frivolous Lawsuits!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured I should make my thoughts public (I actually do read this thing... go figure). As an atheist myself, I definitely disagree with any town showing favor to one religion over another. It's not cool. It makes it look like the town "officially" has chosen only Christian-based religions. I would definitely join the side of the protesters. I feel the same way about the Ten Commandments on display in court houses. Leave religion out if it. If it was a Santa on display, or a Christmas tree, well, those are relatively secular, and non-religious (although my religion still doesn't recognize Christmas trees or Santa, but whatever). Anyway, I think I've made my rambling point, but I'm sure people will disagree. And I'm not vehement about these things (you won't see me stealing the baby Jesus out of the crib or anything). =)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the first poster. I agree that anyone can believe in what they want, but to do it on a town common is showing that the town is favoring one religion over another. On a church the scene is fine, but it isnt diffacult for a town to show its holiday spirit without using a religious scene.