Friday, December 24, 2004

We're taking bets that last minute shoppers just aren't in the Holiday Spirit...

Holy Crap. I went to Barnes & Noble in Holyoke, MA with my brother today. I wanted to just get him a book that I thought he would like. I had already done my Christmas shopping so this was a impulse trip. (We were coming back from my Grandfather's in Westfield, MA) I expected people to be a little testy, but WOW!!!

Getting into the parking lot was a chore in itself. People were fighting for parking spaces and there was plenty. Just none right in front. The store did a great job of making the lines move as they had every register running. Everyone seemed to be on edge though. We found the book, proceeded to the front and paid. Then we had to try and leave the parking lot.

We get in the car and get out of our space. We then hit the wall-o-traffic in the parking lot. When it was our time to go I crept up with the car and the car in line decided to do the "I don't see you" block. Luckily we were not in a rush, but the girl did the most infuriating thing. She looked towards my car, but never made eye contact. Like she actually didn't see me trying to get out. I was driving a big RED SUV. The only way she could of missed me is if she was Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder. If that is the case I am not sure she should be driving. No holiday spirit whatsoever. It wasn't like we were trying to leave the Tweeter Center after a concert or something. It is the holidays and I think she should have been a little nicer. Remember that when you are driving to and from whereever you need to go this holiday. Everyone is in a rush. Let that person in because one car is not going to make that big of a difference. Have a Great & SAFE Holiday EVERYONE!!!