Monday, December 27, 2004

We're taking bets that the world lost a great man today...

Reggie White died today of a heart attack at the age of 43. Those of you who have never heard of him he was the greatest defensive lineman to ever play in the NFL. He was not only a great football player but he also was an unbelievable human being. He worked tirelessly for inner-city youths and was an ordained minister. He left behind a wife and two lovely children. He affected the lives of thousands of people in the NFL and all over the world. This link (Reggie White Memories) goes to a few of the things people said about him.

He was known as The Minister of Defense when he was a player. I will leave you with a quote that exemplifies who he was as a person. He is someone that I truly admired and hope that one day I can be remembered like he will be.



"I am more concerned that my kids will remember me as a man of God than a great football player." - Reggie White


Posted by Hello

No comments: