Thursday, December 23, 2004

We're taking bets that I want a new pet...

By now everyone has probably heard about Little Nicky. Little Nicky has made the news as the first cloned pet to order in the United States. I am greatly disturbed by this. I understand that pets are very important parts of families, but when grandpa dies I don't want an exact copy of him. Although everything will look the same, the experiences that he has won't define who he was. It will be a totally different person.

Cloning is going to be a huge issue over the next 25 years and I just hope that we do not clone humans. If there was a way to just clone human internal organs I would support that, but not the whole person. Death is something that is a part of life. It does not seem right to try and cheat death by "bringing someone back." Maybe I am in the minority on this issue, but I don't want to change my grandmother's diapers in the hope that when she grows up she will be just like my old grandmother except younger than me.

I think that as a society we need to learn how to grieve. Losing a family member(pets too) is very hard, but stop trying to bring them back. I think clones may be the zombies of the future and they will rise up to eat our brains one day. Just a thought. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »