Tuesday, January 04, 2005

We're taking bets that 2005 will get better - Part 2...

I have been thinking a lot about my New Year's Day Post. I think that it was pretty honest and open for a shy and closed off person like myself. It is hard to sometimes be as honest as you want to without the fear of getting hurt. In the last few days I stumbled across something that sums up my "nice guy" feelings. Nice Guy Rant Not a bad little rant. I couldn't have written it better myself.

The problem is there are so many freaking dirtbags out there. Women don't trust these men, but they like that they are assertive. When I work my bouncer job at the Brewery in Lowell I see some many guys just being creepy. Standing on the outside of the dance floor just gawking at the women. Then there are the creeps who dance, but are just trying to cop a feel on the dance floor by gyrating up against any woman they can find. It really is kind of gross. These guys give men such a bad rap that I have a tough time believing that anyone gets into a relationship.

So to all the nice guys out there you have to realize that the deck is stacked against you. You might be attractive, wonderful and it won't help one single bit. We just need to keep trying and maybe the creepy angle works. :)