Thursday, January 06, 2005

We're taking bets that the fat lady has sung, but she can't...

I think we have final confirmation. Ashlee Simpson CAN'T SING!!! Over 70,000 people booed her at the Orange Bowl halftime show last night. She sounded like a humpback whale sending a mating call. Not that I have heard that, but I imagine that is what it would be like.

It all started when she couldn't sing on her own TV show and then snowballed to SNL this fall. Sadly it has moved from humorous to down right sad. I understand she has lived in her sister's "Shadow", but maybe she should have just stuck to acting. She actually is pretty good on 7th Heaven. So I have heard, I actually have only watched one or two shows and she was on for a total of 4 minutes.

This is a case of her Dad trying to push her too far. He is her manager and he knows she cannot sing, but he's still pushing her. It is absolutely crazy. Someone close to her has to say something. Who the heck is booking her for these gigs anyway? Is she paying them to sing? At least she wasn't the worst Simpson there. OJ was in the crowd supporting his Trojans. No not the condoms, but the USC Trojans. Maybe they should do a duet. I bet it would sell and she dyed her hair brunette so she will be safe. :)

No comments: