Friday, January 28, 2005

We're taking bets that I have a question...

I am reading a book by Chuck Klosterman called Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs*. It is extremely funny. He talks about everything important from Saved by the Bell and Soccer Moms. In it he poses some questions and I would like to ask one of them to anyone who may read this and hear your responses in the comment section.

Imagine you could go back to the age of five and relive the rest of your life, knowing everything you know now. You will reexperience your entire adolescence with both the congnitive ability of an adult and the memories of everything you've learned from having lived your life previously. Would you lose your virginity earlier or later than you did the first time around (and by how many years)?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earlier or later? Hmmm I'm gonna stick with when I actually did; even knowing what I know now I have no regrets and I feel like it was a good age...interesting question though LOL
-Lindsay

Anonymous said...

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and relive my life I wouldn't take it. Too many things would change, and despite the fact that I don't necessarily 100% like the way that things have been going, this is my life and I made it the way it is, and I'm going to stick with it. You never know how even the smallest of changes can effect things. I havn't seen Butterfly Effect, but I'm pretty sure that that movie would sum up my fear of changing the past.
~*~
On a side note, if I was guaranteed that my future & everyone elses would not change and that I'd still wind up where I am today with the same people available to be in my life: I'd have been more open than I was back then, and instead of being with a boyfriend, I probably would have had a girlfriend 'cause there was this girl I liked...but anywho, probably about a year ealier.

Anonymous said...

There've been lots of ups and downs, and even though the latter seem to outweigh the former at times I still wouldn't do things differently. Pretty content with the way things have turned out for the most part. Anxious to see what the future holds though :-)

MattD

P McT said...

I'm gonna go with leaving things the way they were...are...will be

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Lorts dining room furniture Mexicali rose proactiv salution Breast augmentation forum breast augmentation california original lingerie designs Julliard culinary school Electronic work at home Us dental credit plans Patterns in interior design Muslims wedding cards invitations water bed heater Giant cocks in ass What is impotence florida