Monday, January 24, 2005

We're taking bets that you can be my Bodyguard...

So "The Bodyguard" was on this weekend and I am still confused. I have been confused about this for over 12 years. I cannot figure out whether Kevin Costner ended up with Whitney Houston or not.

I mean, conventional wisdom says that it never could have worked. He was stuffy and she was fun. He was old and she was young. He was in politics and she was in entertainment. He was white and she was black. (Actually, they still are.) He ended up in Iowa and she was in LA. There were a lot of things against the two of them.

But then I think about the kiss at the end. She stopped the plane and ran to him. She was singing their song. People can travel. Opposites do attract. It could be possible.

I would like to know other people's opinions on this subject. Because I am the hopeless romantic and believe in the happy ending I think they got together. Tell me what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u ever gonna finish your thing on reslife? u didnt do fox yet!

Daniel said...

When I saw the movie, I got the impression that they went their separate ways, as UMLSnoopy remarked.

P McT said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I don't think they got together because their relationship was a bit too complicated. If they had he would be a bodyguard by profession and the boyfriend of an entertainer with a psycho sister. I think it would have been hard for his character to be a good boyfriend without also being her bodyguard...does that make sense??!!

Nai said...

The plane crashed...

;)