Wednesday, April 13, 2005

We're taking bets that the cotton in my ears is making it hard to hear...

So I have researched the use of headphones while driving. There are a child's handful of states where it is legal to wear both of your headphones while driving. Most other states it is not legal like Massachusetts. The argument is that you will not be able to hear emergency vehicles or other noises that would make it difficult to drive. This makes sense although I would argue that there are a ton of other things to distract you while driving.

Now for anyone who thinks, "What about deaf drivers?" there is a good answer. Hearing Impaired drivers tend to be safer than perfect hearing drivers. I would assume that this would be because they have learned to use their other four senses better than we have learned to use five senses. If you would like to read some debate about this subject click here.

As for me I am going to move to South Carolina. It is legal there and I would like to try it with both headphones on. The songs get all screwed up when I only use one headphone. I feel like I only hear half of the song. (Joke stolen from Ian Martin) :)

No comments: