Thursday, April 14, 2005

We're taking bets that running with scissors is fun...

Here are a few random thoughts for the last few days...

* What constitutes running? I would say that just because your arms are moving in a running motion does not mean that you are running. There has to be some sort of speed occurring that is quicker than power walking. How fast should the normal human run 3MPH? 2MPH? For most of us it is probably 4MPH for only 10 minutes then 30 minutes of walking and heaving. Now that the weather is nicer I have seen many people "running" through the City of Springfield. What they are actually doing is walking like they have to take a dump. Their arms are flailing wildly and they are clenching their butt to keep from a premature dumping. If you want to run then look like, if not just walk.

* Sometimes it is hard to be funny. Once on Seinfeld George met a girl who thought she was funny and was worried that if she met Jerry that she would fall for him because he was funnier. Well the same thing can be said for blogging. I do consider myself to be rather funny. Maybe not on the level of Dane Cook or Jon Stewart, but funny none the less. Now my friend Ian is unintentionally upstaging me with his funny comments and I am stuck in a non-funny rut. He wrote a funny blog about needing his own montage. I even needed to resort to stealing one of his jokes for a previous blog. Hopefully I will get out of this funny rut and be that knee-slapping riot that everyone expects from me.

* Why has Paula Abdul started to act like Anna Nicole Smith? I fully expect her to show America her breasts on American Idol with pictures of Arsenio Hall covering her nipples. She has to be on some sort of drug. She loves everyone which is fine, but she is becoming increasingly creepier every episode. I thought she was going to jump over the table and make out with Nikko Smith a couple of weeks ago. Anytime you act like someone from the movie Half-Baked on TV it is time for professional help.

* Are there people that doing Acronyms for a living? Just recently we had over 10,000 arrests in a week across the United States as part of Operation F.A.L.C.O.N. F.A.L.C.O.N. is an acronym for "Federal and Local Cops Organized Nationally." I think it would be fun to make acronyms everyday. Do you think they work backwards or forward? Backwards would probably be easier. So if you know anyone who is hiring give me a call.

1 comment:

P McT said...

G-Money I think you are thinking too hard about the funny, you just have to let it come to you!