Wednesday, April 27, 2005

We're taking bets that supporting your support staff is cool...

Today is Administrative Professional's Day across the United States. This is no doubt one of those days invented by Hallmark to further their gazillion dollar corporation. I do believe that Support Staff does not receive the proper amount of credit and encouragement. A day does help, especially in the office that I am working in where they have received no support for many years. I was put in charge of gifts and cards. That is a major mistake to do as I always go way above the budget I am allotted and usually spend a bunch of money out of my own pocket. So the ladies(no guys) received tulips, daisies and cards signed by everyone. They got a pizza lunch and cannolis and eclairs as dessert. Hopefully they enjoyed it. :)

Having this day makes me wonder if there are other appreciation days that we are missing. Is there a plumber appreciation day where everyone wears their pants a little to low so they can honor the plumber's crack when they bend over? Is there trash person appreciation day where everyone sprays their trash with pleasant smells? What other kind of fun days are there?