Wednesday, April 20, 2005

We're taking bets that the Pope has a funny nickname...

Everyone has friends who have known you for a long time and have a nickname for you. It may not be that funny, but you have it. I have gotten GMad for many years though some who knew me many years ago know of the time I was called "Happy Shoes". (It is a long story that I may share some time.) It is my belief that Pope Benedict XVI has the same type of funny nickname. I mean his last name is Ratzinger. That alone is a funny name.

I would assume that Ratzie has be to on the top of the list. Though I think Zinger would probably be a good nickname if he was funny. Especially when he was making his famous "How many Cardinals does it take to screw in a light bulb?" jokes. Since he is such a hardliner I think that his detractors would call him "The Rat." What do you think his nicknames are amongst his buddies? Post your thoughts in the comments section. (Remember you don't have to register to post. Though leaving your name in the post is nice.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I actually laughed at that "Zinger" nickname. How many cardinals does it take to screw in a lightbulb, anyway? And, when they're done, what color smoke do they use?
-Robness

GMadrid said...

None only the priest know how to screw anything. :)

I am probably going to hell for that. Lots of Hail Mary's on Sunday.