Thursday, April 07, 2005

We're taking bets that negativity will get you in trouble...

I currently am working with a disgruntled co-worker. I will not disclose her name because no knows her except for my boss and he already knows this story. Most people know that I have a ton of patience. I can hold my tongue when it is not my place for the most part. Constant negativity gets me down though.

Our department has implemented a new computer system. It was rushed out to appease some higher ups in the city and we have had a few bugs. We have worked hard to fix any problems and the system is 1,000,000 times better than the old system. Well my co-worker hates it because for the first time in her life she has to do some work. Gone are the days of sleeping on the boss' desk when they were gone. So whenever there is any problems with the computer system she bitches and complains. Usually there is some sort of storming out of the room to go to the bathroom. Today I had finally had it.

I went to help her after she had stormed out and interrupted a discussion I was having with Mr. Rabbitt(yes it is 2 B's & 2 T's). When she came back to her desk I could not figure out what her issue was because the system was running flawlessly. She then started lashing out that whenever she needs help there is noone to help her and that people keep walking away from her. She then trashed the system. My blood started to boil but I was keeping my cool when she turned her mustached venom towards me. I definitely do not reach kindly to being yelled at when I have been as nice as pie. Plus I have been extremely nice and baked brownies for the ladies and done a ton of other nice things. I started to see a flashback to December and a certain conversation about RA programming that a few of you happened to be privy to.

Anyway, all bets were off. No more Mr. Nice Greg. Since she had raised her voice, I raised my tone as well. Then out of nowhere my Boss appeared(He may have run from the back when he heard the commotion) to save her. He talked her down off of the ledge that she was on. (I was going to push her off.) Although I think just realized she couldn't win.

I understand that people can be intimidated by new people and change. I understand that as well as anyone and have tried to be nice. She has pushed my final nerve. There will be no saving next time because I will be as Open, Honest and Direct as I have to be. :)

I hope she is in a better mood soon because there is a New Sheriff in Town. It is a whole new world in the City of Springfield. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Privy?? Hey! I didn't privy... I just happened to experience you voicing your opinion through some very thin walls... :) Glad things are coming together for you and you still have your fun sense of humor. We still miss you!

Amanda

GMadrid said...

Thanks for the note Amanda. I miss you guys everyday. I hope you are doing well. And privy is a good thing. :)