Sunday, April 03, 2005

We're taking bets that it is time to pray...

Now that Pope John Paul has passed away it is time for Roman Catholics to pray for positive change. We need to move our rules more in line with the rest of the world. I am not asking for a completely liberal Pope, but rather one that sees that in order for Catholism to survive we need to move to the 21st century.

I have three items that I hope a new Pope will install in the Catholic Church.

1. Priests being able to marry.
2. A Friendlier Mass where people can enjoy church not only for spiritual enlightenment, but also that we can say I had a good time at mass.
3. Recruitment of Younger Priest who realize that our youth need guidance not just through words, but actions as positive (non-abusing) role models.

This could be a very trying time for the Catholic Church. I enjoy being a Catholic even though I don't agree with all of the things that they say. The new generation of Catholics need to set-up and bring us into the 21st Century. I hope it starts with our Pope.

4 comments:

Nai said...

I'll add a caveat; although it probably isn't my place, since I am not Catholic:

How about women ordained as priests? I thnk it is tiem and it might even keep the abuse in check.

P McT said...

I agree with female priests. I remember arguing with the priest at my elementary school because I wanted to be an alter girl. I was mad becasue I went to church every wednesday and sunday like a good catholic while the alter boys only went when they had to serve and they got to go on field trips!
The priests being able to marry is also a must. I know part of being a priest is being "pure" and not giving in to temptation but sex is simply a natural thing we all gots to do it at some point and i'm pretty sure it better with a consenting adult instead of a freaked out child!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Merchant account income tax Define valtrex Proactiv atony sentinel wireless alarm system paxil online Kauai web site design company

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! call center outsourcing Oldshool hollywood baseball Bmw e46 rear apron diffuser http://www.acyclovir-2.info Window air conditioners lg lc1200 zocor weight gain Chrysler m e 12 hair loss solutions discovery land rover review diet bontril treatment cancer