Sunday, April 10, 2005

We're taking bets that you better bring your "A" game...

Where was I when they were passing out pamphlets on flirting to guys? I think that I need a Special Ed. class to learn how to flirt. Even innocent flirting passes me by. Just the other day I was at the gas station and there was two flirting opportunities and both times I walked away thinking that was an odd conversation. It wasn't until a half hour later that I realized that the flirting game was being played and I came with the wrong equipment. Like a basketball player showing up in cleats or a tennis player showing up with golf clubs.

It is a wonder that I have ever been in any relationships. In almost every relationship that I have been in there has been a point where the female would say I was flirting with you but I never thought you were interested. Maybe colleges and universities should have flirting classes for men. I think that women are at a distinct advantage because straight men need women, but not really the other way around. So women can act anyway they want and it is okay. Guys do that and there is a high potential for a restraining order. So guys the next time you hear on the radio about a club and that guys should bring their "A" game remember there are only so many Joey Martinez's(Love ya Joey) out there. You probably don't have an "A" game. Hopefully a "B" or "C" game will do the trick. Worst yet try to be yourself though I am not sure that the "Idiot" game will work. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will come a time when you will not need to flirt and all things will work out. I Love you, don't worry about your A game.

P McT said...

well, let me tell you that its not so easy on the female front simply because sometimes guys dont' know when you are flirting and they may be interested and we (the women) may be flirting but if the guy is clueless and is being himself (which may be percieved as being uninterested) the whole flirting situation becomes just as frustrating to us. Because we are doing everything short of saying 'I'm INTERESTED" with no response.
As I have always said, the whole game is just annoying! Why is is that men and women can't just tell each other they are interested and not have any wierdness to it??!!

GMadrid said...

Thanks Angel Wearing Jeans for the Self-Confidence Builder. I Love You Too!

Angel said...

what "p mct" said, but i do think you are right about it being harder on guys. guys flirting can get creepy real fast without them even realizing it. i feel sorry for the condition men are in.