Thursday, October 27, 2005

We're taking bets I wish this lady was my grandmother...

Everyone who knows me understands how much I loved and cherished my crazy grandmother. Now that she has passed and I am grandmotherless, I am in the market for a new one. (My other grandmother died before I was born.) I am putting my vote for Frances Crowe. Who is Frances Crowe you say. Well here is a little story about her.

She hitchhikes everywhere. She's been doing it in one form or another for over 50 years. Is that the craziest thing in the world? "Where's grandma today?" "Oh you know her and hitchhikers. She'll be back after she kills them." Frances Crowe is my new hero. I would pick her up on the side of the road in a second. There could be a spin off the AARP. They could have a catchy slogan like "Have you given an old person a ride today?" or "The Ride of Your Life: Hitchhiking Old People" The possibilities are endless. I for one am going to check out DigiHike. Maybe then next time you read this I will be in Guam. Thankfully I have both my thumbs. :)