Thursday, October 27, 2005

We're taking bets that you'd be lying if you said you didn't like them...

Thursday Fun Time!!! Here are a few great questions for the readers of WTBT. Remember invite others to read and answer. Post your answers in the comments section. You can be anonymous and you only have to answer the questions you want. Maybe some of the Shawnee Smith fans will post some answers.

A. Which band did you like more in their heydays? Hootie & the Blowfish, Huey Lewis and the News, or Toad the Wet Sprocket.

B. Would you feel more uncomfortable if a stranger touched you on your cheek, your bottom or your feet? Why?

C. After watching Bands Reunited Berlin on VH-1 I was wondering what THREE bands you would like to see get back together and perform?

Answers:

A. I love Toad the Wet Sprocket to this day and I think their music has held up the best. Hootie was more of a Teri/Liz and Dennis band. I was always surprised how much Dennis actually liked them. Granted it did not eclipse his Counting Crows obsession. Did you hear they are coming out with a new CD? Man, I must have hear that 1 million times. I would have to go with Huey Lewis. First of all does anyone out there even know one person named Huey? I mean besides him and the duck I don't think that there is anyone else. The music was classic and they had real fun videos. I guess I was just a little too hip to be square. :)

B. This is actually a very easy question for me. Any time someone wants to touch my feet they can go right ahead. Whether it is massaging me or to try on shoes my feet can be touched by just about anyone. Since I am a "no butt" person it doesn't really matter to me if I get pinched or anything. It has happened before and it isn't that uncomfortable. Although that freak girl from AIC who used to hit people like her hand was a paddle was uncomfortable. I think that was truly the only time I ever got mad at someone at AIC. I do feel weird when people want to touch my cheek. There is no reason for you to touch my face. (Said like Dane Cook) Stay away from my cheek please. Your hands are greasy and I don't like it.

C. This was a toss up question for me. I miss both the Gin Blossoms and Candlebox. Both released awesome debut albums and never released any other good music. Sadly the Gin Blossoms just broke up. I think they would be a great band to see one more time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. Hootie-he actually has an amazing voice, and sounds awesome when he sings acapella live.

B. Anytime a stranger touches me, really, I think, "Who is this guy and why's he touching me?" But I think if someone touched my butt I'd be more put off, only b/c I'd wonder how they can walk with balls that big...

C. I have no idea.

Theresa said...

A. honestly, huey, in the early 80's when I heard "I was walking, down a way way street..." I called the station to find out who that singing..Hootie does have a great sound, but I was into rock at that point, and while i saw the toadies open for the Chilli Peppers, I was not introduced to them until later...

B. I think having my feet touched is wonderful as well, but with both sets of my cheeks out there unguarded, it would me uncomfortable for a stranger to be able to GET to my feet.

c. OOO..candlebox is a good choice.

P McT said...

A)Without a doubt, I even have their greatest hits album, I love them so much Toad the Wet Sprocket!!!!

B) I don't like strangers touching me PERIOD, I have punched people I don't know for touching me! Shoot I don't know you like that and I don't know where the hell your hands have been

c) I would have to say Another Bad Creation, Nelson, and New Kids on the Block ( I know they tried, I just want to see it actually happen)

Anonymous said...

A. Toad the Wet Sprocket, all the way. Hootie got on my nerves after a while, and I was only 5 when Huey was in the heyday.

B. Cheek. There's something about touching cheeks that (to me anyways) is an added intimate factor... and, uh, that's a no-way-zone if you're not a) my mom or b) my fiance. So... no cheek.

C. I'm with P on this one... New Kids on the Block. Sorry, I'm a dork.

Liz said...

1. Greg - I don't know whether to be flattered by the Hootie comment or offended. My first reaction was offense. While it is true that both Teri and I like Hootie, I don't understand the comment - "more like a Teri/Liz and Dennis band" Can you elaborate?

My answer to this question is: Heuy Lewis and the News. I love every album and although I haven't seen them in concert consider myself a HUGE fan!

BUT Toad has a soft spot in my heart. That was the first concert that Teri and I went to together and Melissa Wojcik sold me her tickets. That concert introduced us to Rusted Root...another GREAT band!

2. I don't like when people touch the butt. Not a big fan of the cheek either, but that is more of a rare occasion than the butt.


3. I don't know enough of the bands that have broken up to know who I would want together.