Thursday, October 13, 2005

We're taking bets that 80's hair was fun...

It's a very rainy Thursday here in New England. Thursday can only mean one thing here at WTBT... IT is question time!!! Ask everyone to participate. Post your answers in the comments section. If you only want to answer one question that is okay too. Have fun!!!

A. What six songs do you relate most to the 1980's? (I know their are tons, but what

B. What was your favorite cartoon(or other kids program) as a child?

Answers:

A.
1. Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield - Damn I wish I had a woman like that.
2. Jump by Van Halen - They went from being the biggest band ever to really creepy with the guy from Extreme as their lead singer.
3. Take on me - A-Ha - Perhaps the greatest video ever.
4. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake - Combine great 80's rock hair and Tawny Kitaen on a car and you have a classic song.
5. Whip It - Devo - How did the FCC allow that video and song to be released in the 80's?
6. Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi - They may have been the #1 Band of the 80's.

B. I loved the Gummi Bears. That was quality television in the 80's. There was great story lines and wonderful characters. My favorite was Tummi Gummi. He was fun and jolly.

5 comments:

Liz said...

1. -
1. Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx.
2. Naturally - Heuy Lewis and the News (an acapella song on the Fore! album)
3. Love Bites - Def Leppard
4. Open Arms - Journey
5. Signs - Tesla (I know the original was better)
6. My Life - Billy Joel


2. -
I liked 3-2-1 Contact! and The Electric Company. But nothing beat the Smurfs on Saturday morning! They were so smurfy.

Anonymous said...

This was a fun quiz! I LOVE Thursdays!

Celebration: Kool & The Gang
Hands To Heaven: Breathe?
Shout: Tears For Fears
We Are The World: Everyone
Patience: Guns N Roses
You're The Inspiration: Chicago

Here and there and everywhere-we are the Gummy Bears! Also my favorite-how cool was it that they lived underground and had that awesome roller coaster thingy! That was good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ummm... hello? Flock of Seagulls? I Ran?

P McT said...

Ah the 80s
1) Unskinny Bop - Poison
2)Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition
3)Purple Rain - Prince
4)Thriller - Michael Jackson
5)Love in an elevator - Aerosmith ( I think that was the 80s)
6)We are the world - Every pop star in the 80s

Toss up between the Get Along Gang and Gem!

Anonymous said...

A. Six 80's Songs:
1. "Hangin' Tough" - NKOTB (P - where is your LOYALTY!!!) ;-)
2. "Thriller" - Michael Jackson
3. "Take On Me" - A-Ha
4. "Like a Virgin" - Madonna
5. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper
6. "Mickey" - Toni what'sherface

B. Totally was "Garfield and Friends". And yes, I even remember some of the theme song. Before that, probably "Fat Albert". Yes.