Monday, October 31, 2005

We're taking bets that we will always have St. Louis...

Theo Epstein decided to not return as the General Manager of the Boston Red Sox today. :( He helped to bring a World Series Championship to Boston for the first time in 86 years. He will always be in high regard with Red Sox fans no matter what he does next.

With that being said I think he sold his soul to the devil for a championship. This is one of the statements he made, "“In my time as general manager, I gave my entire heart and soul to the organization." I think that means he sold it to the devil. Why do you think he is resigning on Halloween? Do you really think that is a coincidence? Just wondering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you got jipped out of a "Wow! You've got a great blog here" comment from the spam people.

So I'll say it:

"Wow! You've got a great blog here!"

GMadrid said...

Spams were removed to protect the innocent.

Anonymous said...

The Devil went down to Boston he was looking for a soul to steal,
And he was in a bind cause he was way behind he was willing to make a deal,
When he came across this young man sitting in Fenway and his team was playing it hot,
And the Devil jumped up on a bleacher seat and said "Boy, let me tell you what.
"I bet you didn't know it but I'm the owner of this team,
"And if you care to take a dare well I'll make a deal with you.
"Just let me take control of things and I'll sign you for 4.5.
"Think it over and come on down and let me know if it jives."
The boy said "My name's Theo and it might be a sin, but you can take your bet and go to hell - you're losing the best GM there is."

*fast forwards tape*

The Devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
And he laid that golden contract on the ground at Theo's feet.
Theo said "Devil, you can take your deal and stick it straight up your ass,
"The curse of the Bambino has nothin' on me - I quit and your ass is grass!"

That's my song.

(Devil played by Sox owner Larry Lucchino).