Monday, October 03, 2005

We're taking bets that guitar solos can get old...

Last night I saw Los Lonely Boys at the Big E. I was sitting behind a chainsmoking Shelley Winters look-a-like from the movie Pete's Dragon. That aside they put on a pretty good concert. They are a jam band and love to do long guitar solos. They are very talented so it was nice to see a guitar solo or two, but every song had an extended version of a guitar solo. That seems to be their thing. It got to the point that if I never hear another guitar solo I might be okay. They also did not play my favorite song by them, More Than Love. Unfortunately that made the concert a little bit disappointing for me. I understand if they had 11 albums and they didn't play my favorite song on album 5, but they only have one CD. It was one of two songs they made a video for and really showcased their talents as songwriters and musicians. There is still nothing like a live concert and I wouldn't have changed the experience. Musicians can be the most fun people, but play the music your fans love. Please!!!

3 comments:

Mags said...

What, no Taylor Dayne review?

Man, that's disappointing...

Theresa said...

hmmm. i hope guitar solos aren't getting old, i just started to learn to play and i will be everywhere some day! well, my music will.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »