Friday, June 17, 2005

We're taking bets that I was only asking...

Hey all loyal and new readers. It is question time at the WTBT Offices. These are simple questions meant to spark conversation, learn about others and maybe debate some topics. As always I will answer them first and you can post your answers in the comments section. :)

A. Since Batman Begins (check out Ian's Blog about it) came out on Wednesday and The Fantastic Four comes out in a few weeks. I thought this would be an interesting question. If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why?

B. What news story was more important to you this week? (Michael Jackson's Not Guilty or Terri Schiavo's Autopsy) What are your views on that story?

Answers

A. I would probably be Batman because he is a normal person with no special powers, but determination and a great sense of justice. He also has almost unlimited resources to give himself some really cool toys. He has turned his childhood tragedy into a driving force to help others.

B. I think the Terri Schiavo story was more important to me because that information probably would have made the decision easier to end her life. I am not an advocate of ending another's life, but this seemed like it was the right thing to do now seeing more of the facts. It is a shame that we did not have the fact then when this was an everyday story.

6 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, hello Greg! I appreciate your "stumbling" in to "Romantic Ramblings," and hope to catch you back there from time to time.

I've browsed your site and enjoy it, so I'm going to blogroll you.

"Life comment with a comic twist." I like that. It's what I try to do much of the time, but occasionally I'll cross the line and post a serious topic. Hey, few of us are perfect, y'know.

Good stuff!

John

Anonymous said...

1. I would be the long-forgotten and underrated Mighty Mouse. Little guys, or women, can do a lot. Don't ever underestimate the power of the little ones!!!

2. Definitely the Terri Schiavo case because I think America needed to hear from doctors what really was the possibility for recovery. Plus, it was nice to hear that her parents really were just being over-hopeful parents, which I kind of had a feeling. My psychology self was having an internal field day with that case. Anyways... we don't need a jury to tell us whether or not MJ diddles little boys. We already know.

Anonymous said...

1) I always liked the X-Men character Angel. Something about them wings. Besides, I'm totally angelic myself. Can't you see the friggin' halo I got going on?

2) Neither. Not really watching the news anymore. Now that I have cable, I actually have options (which means I just channel surf, never finding anything I like, but convinced there's some gem of a show on one of those channels). Besides, when you work with a news organization, you don't want to watch the news in your spare time too.

Anonymous said...

1. I don't think I'd want to be a super hero at all. I'd want to be a sidekick who did all of the prep work and didn't get all of the attention.

2. Until this morning when I logged onto my AOL account I didn't have an answer. But now it's the "Disney Death". It bothers me that AOL has a "How safe is Disney?" headline. There are billions of people that walk through those gates and compared to other parks, the majority walk away without even THINKING of the possibility of getting hurt. People have been trying to knock WDW down since the day it opened, and in the end, it always prevails b/c of it's wonderful traditions, and the magic it brings to the people who are open to it. It is tragic that anyone should die, anywhere. It does not, however, mean that the entire world has to fear something it should love.

Faith, trust and pixie dust..

;-)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Refurbished laptop computer ibm free+shemales 49 ford body kit e45 skin care Newsletter planning retirement subcription tranny shollow Suburban buick Heating grapevine Insurance lead program Loan for bad cridet Bondage seins Fucking anal video Free adult  video Hairy atk black pussy Shocking shemales Call center manager curdworth

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Buy nexium free shipping online credit report Proactiv timeline Answering services port st Russian tennis women Safest alternative antidepressant internet blackjack horse eczema http://www.westinrunningboards.info lose weight fishing gifts Acyclovir information information Colorado+divorce Lucky bingo numbers Double oven