Monday, June 13, 2005

We're taking bets that the past weekend was hot...

Here a few of my observations over the weekend.

* Some people should not be allowed to pick out colors. Being somewhat color blind I know I am not a good judge of colors, but I know when you have picked awful colors. Pepto-Bismol pink is never a good color.

* Waterfire Providence is pretty cool. It is a little anti-climactic, but overall it is very cool.

* You should never shush someone. If you do you should be prepared to get hit with at very least a flick in the eye. I will expand on this in a later post.

* Although you remember where your car is parked it doesn't always help you find it. Especially if you remember the wrong place. In a big parking lot it would be to your advantage to write it down. Though driving around a parking lot can be fun while looking for your car.

* Finding a great place for breakfast is key to a great beach weekend. If you are ever in Southern Rhode Island I suggest The Breakfast Nook II. There is not a lot of seating, but it is well worth the wait.

* I know I have talked about bugs getting killed on my windshield before, but my car is currently a ridiculous bug graveyard. It looks like someone threw a bug grenade on the front of my car. Ick.

* It is great being part of a second family, who treats you like you belong. Thanks to the Martins for being that second family to me. :)

3 comments:

Nai said...

I am glad you feel like part of the family, Greg. Not to burst your bubble, but anyone who will help do painting and manual labor gets welcomed into the family with open arms. We still send Christmas gifts to a neighbor who got overzealous and shovled a little bit of our walk.

To this day, he is known to me as "hard working" Uncle John. If I don't contribute something soon, I may be edged out of the will by a total stranger.

Seriously, it is always a good weekend at the beach when GMad is in town.

Anonymous said...

Waterfire isnt supposed to be climactic. But Im glad you enjoyed it. Its kind of a well kept secret unless you're from the Prov. Rockin

~Lil bro Griff

Anonymous said...

Greg... how can you drive around the parking lot if you don't know where your car is? I'm confused...

(not that it takes much)